Terms & Conditions
Showground Rules & Regulations
1. LIVING HISTORY GROUPS & DISPLAYS: TO BE ENFORCED OVER ENTIRE SHOW PERIOD
- a) All weapons (firing and non-firing) must not be taken outside the display or group areas (unless under the supervision of the group’s Commanding Officers going to and from battle ground or large arenas). At no time will weapons be permitted in any other areas.
- b) Anyone displaying Neo Nazi regalia or having any type of Neo Nazi propagander or political material will be asked to leave the Show Ground. With the large amount of Veterans in attendance, all efforts must be made by all groups to show the upmost respect to all.
- c) It will be the Commanding Officer’s responsibility to make sure that all of the above requirements are met and enforced. Please bear in mind that these rules are placed for the enjoyment of all participants and that it may seem that notes b and c are pointed at German Groups. This is not the case. They apply to ALL serious re-enactors and individuals alike. The organisers will strictly enforce these rules with no exception.
2. APPLICATION FOR SPACE
All applications must be submitted on the appropriate entry form, which must be signed by the exhibitor or their representative, such signature being an acceptance of the regulations. The Application Form should be sent in as soon as possible and an invoice or acceptance notes will be sent out in early by July 2022. A full remittance for all charges must accompany the invoice and be returned by 31st July 2022. A receipt will only be issued on request.
3. ALLOCATION OF SITES
The allocation of sites and positioning of trade stand space or display space will be entirely at the discretion of Military Odyssey Limited, although every endeavour will be made to meet any request made by an exhibitor regarding the position of their stand.
- a) Exhibitors booking open space must apply and pay for sufficient space for all stays or guy-ropes required for any building, tent or caravan and awnings to be erected in the space, together with any stock vehicle required on site for the duration of the Show.
- b) Boundaries of sites will be marked and in no circumstance will exhibitors be allowed to occupy a larger space than that allocated to them. No exhibitor, whether a charitable organisation or otherwise, may carry on any activity outside the limits of their own stand.
- c) Exhibitors must not exceed beyond the front line as identified by the marker post.
- d) If an exhibitor does not wish to be placed adjoining any other particular exhibitor, this must be clearly stated in writing at the time of making the application.
- e) Military Odyssey Limited will not be held responsible for damage caused to sites by a third party during the Show period and will not undertake to make good such damage.
- f) No Exhibitor shall sub-let any portion of space allotted to them or move to any site other than that allocated to them.
4. LATE ENTRIES
5. CANCELLATION OR WITHDRAWAL OF SPACE RESERVED/TICKETS PRE PAID
6. REFUSAL OF ENTRY
The use of generators will be strictly monitored to ensure a safe standard of electrical installation is maintained.
- a) 1. 0-4 Kilowatts (16amp) supply only POA
- 2. 0-4 Kilowatts (16amp) supply including twin socket POA. Additional wiring and lighting can be carried out by the exhibitor. Military Odyssey Limited or their agent reserves the right to inspect electrical installations carried out by the exhibitor.
- b) Exhibitors are reminded that under Health and Safety (Electricity at Work) Regulations 1989 all portable electrical items are subject to annual testing and must have the appropriate current certificates. Military Odyssey Limited Safety Officer is empowered to remove electrical appliances not bearing a current safety sticker.
SHARING ELECTRICITY BETWEEN STANDS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. OFFENDERS WILL BE CHARGED THE FULL RATE FOR ELECTRICITY CONNECTION PLUS A 20% SURCHARGE. FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN EVICTION FROM THE SHOW GROUND.
Available free of charge at many points on the Show Ground. A private supply can, however, be made to the exhibitor’s stand for an additional cost with prior notice.
8. RESPONSIBILITY OF EXHIBITORS AND LIVING HISTORY GROUPS
Military Odyssey Limited WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBILITY IN ANY WAY FOR ANY ARTICLE, MACHINERY OR OBJECT OF ANY KIND EXHIBITED ON THE SHOW GROUND.
The Exhibitor shall assume full responsibility therefore including liability for all claims arising out of the exhibition, handling of housing of such exhibits and the conduct of the Stand generally. The Exhibitor shall indemnify Military Odyssey Limited against all claims, damages or expenses whatsoever in a way arising out of the presence of the exhibitor or their exhibits on the Show Ground. Acceptance of the foregoing provisions shall be a condition of entry.
EXHIBITORS ARE ADVISED THAT THEY MUST INSURE AGAINST FIRE NOT ONLY AS REGARDS THEIR OWN PROPERTY, BUT ALSO AGAINST THIRD PARTY CLAIMS IN GENERAL. RE-ENACTORS MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF ONE MILLION POUNDS COVER FOR STATIC, NON-BATTLING GROUPS AND FIVE MILLION POUNDS COVER FOR BATTLING GROUPS.
9. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Military Odyssey Limited will not be responsible for the death, injury, disease or loss caused to any Exhibitor or to their agent or servant, or to any animal, insect, bird or thing of whatever nature, exhibited by the said Exhibitor, from whatever cause death, injury, disease or loss arises. The Exhibitor of any animal, insect, bird or thing of any nature whatsoever will indemnify Military Odyssey Limited for any damages, loss, injury or disease occasioned by the said exhibitor, their agent or servant or by the said animal, insect, bird or thing of any nature whatsoever, however such damage, loss, injury or disease shall be caused.
Under the requirements of the Reporting of Accident, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulation 1995 (RIDDOR) all accidents that are classified as major under these Regulations must be reported to Military Odyssey Limited and also to the appropriate statutory authority. All injuries that occur to exhibitors, their staff or members of the public who visit stands, displays or any other facility, no matter how minor they may appear to be, must be reported to Military Odyssey Limited in order that the incident can be recorded in the Accident Book.
10. REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO MACHINERY IN MOTION, ENGINES ETC.
- a) Only smokeless fuels will be permitted during the times the Show is open to the public.
- b) All Exhibitors during the erection and demolition, or while demonstrating, must ensure that their machinery and/or equipment complies totally with the relevant Health and Safety Regulations.
- c) All Exhibitors must ensure that any component i.e. belts, pulleys, gears and similar items, that could be a danger to members of the public either as spectators or those who pass by, that such items are adequately guarded.
- d) While Military Odyssey Limited reserve to themselves the right of excluding any petroleum or spirit they may deem unsafe, they in no way relieve the Exhibitor from responsibility in the event of accident or fire. Exhibitors must confirm regulations of the local authority in all that relates to the transport of petroleum and the precautions to be taken against fire.
Military Odyssey Limited reserves the right for the Safety Officer or other Authorised Officers to prohibit such demonstrations if unsafe practices are witnessed.
12. EXHIBITORS’ ADMISSION TICKETS
Maximum Free Allocation – TWO tickets per Exhibitor in most cases per pitch. Some variation may apply – see Booking Form.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION TICKETS
To be applied for no later than 1th August 2022
Exhibitor Passes TO BE WORN AT ALL TIMES – Spot checks WILL be made.
No badges other than those issued by Military Odyssey Limited shall be worn by any Exhibitor or their representatives when entering the Show Ground, but Exhibitors may if they so wish provide distinguishing badges to be worn by their representatives when on duty on their stands or displays.
13. ADMISSION OF VEHICLES
- a) WITH SHOWPASS VEHICLES WITHOUT THIS PASS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE SHOW GROUND. Vehicles MUST HAVE LEFT the Show Ground by 0915hrs and be parked in the designated areas. After 1900hrs daily, vehicles may not be admitted the Show Ground. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED AND ANY VEHICLE IRREGULARLY PARKED IN THE SHOW GROUND IS LIABLE TO BE FORCIBLY REMOVED WITHOUT WARNING. Military Odyssey Limited will in no way be held responsible for any damage incurred by this action.
- b) STATIC VEHICLE PASSES – These are available for vehicles forming part of an exhibitor’s stand and will be given at the discretion of Military Odyssey Limited. Please apply.
- c) CARAVAN PASSES – Basic facilities are available, but not necessarily within the perimeter of the Show Ground. Limited space only. Please apply.
- d) LORRIES – (Commercial vehicles in excess of 35 cwt). Vehicles will be allowed to park in the Lorry Park free of charge for the duration of the Show. Lorries will not be permitted to leave the Lorry park during Show days until 1900 hrs or as directed by Show Stewards. Please apply. (Light vehicles displaying this pass will not be admitted).
14. STAND PREPARATION, ADMISSION, DELIVERY AND REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS
- a) Exhibitors may commence work on their stand two days prior to the Show.
- b) Any Exhibitor who wishes to break the soil on their stand must obtain permission from Military Odyssey Limited.
- c) All stands must be fully stocked and ready for business by 0900 on each Show Day.
- d) All stands must be open and manned throughout the time the Show is open to the Public (0930hrs to 1830hrs daily).
- e) Exhibitors with large mobile units should arrange to have these in position at least one day before the Show. This is especially important when it is necessary to encroach on adjoining stand space to manoeuvre the unit into position.
- f) Goods and packages cannot be received by Military Odyssey Limited and should not be sent to the Show Ground unless there is a representative on the stand to receive them.
- g) NO PART OF A STAND MAY BE CLOSED OR DISMANTLED UNTIL 1800hrs ON THE LAST DAY OF THE SHOW. Vehicles to be used for the removal of stands will not be allowed to enter the Show Ground until 1830hrs on the last day of the Show, or such later time as circumstances may require. EXHIBITORS IN BREACH OF THIS RULE MAY NOT BE INVITED TO ATTEND FUTURE SHOWS.
- h) Stands and all exhibits must be cleared from the Show Ground by 1200hrs on Tuesday, 30th August 2022.
15. REINSTATEMENT OF GROUND
- a) All stands and/or sites allotted to Exhibitors will be clearly numbered by Military Odyssey Limited. Stand number markers must NOT be removed, disturbed or obscured.
- b) Trade Stand signs must not be erected in a way that they overshadow a neighbouring stand.
- c) Exhibits must be so placed that they do not obscure the name of adjacent stands.
- d) Flagpoles and other structures must be erected not less than 10 feet / 3 metres from any electricity or telegraph pole and at least 6 feet / 2 metres clear from any electricity or telephone wires.
- e) ANY EXHIBITOR CAUSING DAMAGE TO ANY PROPERTY ON SITE WILL INCUR A PENALTY OF £50, PLUS THE FULL COST OF ANY REPAIRS REQUIRED. Show Stewards shall have the power to remove any exhibits from the Show Ground.
17. LITTER, Etc.
18. RADIO HANDSETS
19. AUDIO EQUIPMENT
20. TRADING LAWS
21. COLLECTIONS, APPEALS AND RAFFLES
No Exhibitor or other person shall be allowed to affix any placard or advertisement to any part of the Show’s plant or premises unless permission to do so has been obtained from Military Odyssey Limited. Nor will any Exhibitor be allowed to distribute handbills or display advertisements in the Show except on their own stand. No kites or balloons will be allowed on the Show Ground and no Exhibitor will be permitted to advertise by means of aircraft, loudspeakers or trailing banners. The practice of flyposting leaflets on vehicles in car parks is strictly forbidden.
IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, THE SALE, DISPLAY AND HANDING OUT OF BALLOONS IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
24. NON COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS
Military Odyssey Limited’s officials have power to order the removal of any article from the Show Ground or to close the stand of any exhibitor who does not conform to the Regulations set out by Military Odyssey Limited or the directions of the Stewards and, if necessary, to expel such Exhibitor or their representative from the Show Ground without any refund being made.
25. RECOVERY OF FINES, FEES AND CHARGES
26. EMERGENCY EVACUATION PROCEDURES
28. IMPORTANT FIRE PROTECTION NOTICE
ALL EXHIBITORS AND OUTDOOR TRADERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUPPLY A SUITABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OR EXTINGUISHERS IN THE INTEREST OF FIRE PRECAUTIONS
- a) No heating or cooking appliance is permitted to be installed inside a tent or stand which is not specifically laid out for the purpose. Exhibitors wishing to use heating or cooking appliances for serving refreshments or other purposes in their stands or tents must have these appliances installed outside the tent at a safe distance from combustible materials, and heating appliances must be fixed securely on a non-combustible heat insulating base, and surround on three sides by shields of similar material. The shields of non-combustible material should be at least 2 feet / 60cm away from combustible fabrics or other materials, and care must be taken to ensure that no combustible materials can be blown against heaters. Heating appliances, gas piping and gas cylinders must be kept out of reach of the public and stocks of inflammable liquids and spare gas cylinders must be kept in a safe position outside the tents or stands, andcare taken to avoid leaking or spilling. Tall cylinders, in particular, should be securely fixed by tying to a stake driven well into the ground.
- b) Military Odyssey Limited reserves the right of inspection by one of its official representative of all tents or stands and the officials shall have full authority to order that the use of any appliances or equipment be discontinued immediately if in their opinion they constitute a danger. All stands using bottled gas are require to have the installation checked by a qualified fitter to ensure that the apparatus is safely installed. The decision of Military Odyssey Limited in this matter must be accepted as final.
- c) Exhibitors will realise that these precautions are essential and non-compliance with them renders the stand liable to closure.
- d) Exhibitors are advised to insure against fire, not only as regards their own property, but also against third party claims.